President Bola Tinubu says all 24 girls abducted from a school in Kebbi State have been rescued, bringing relief after a tense, days-long search.
The kidnapping occurred on November 17 at the Government Girls Comprehensive Secondary School in Maga.
One student escaped early on, and Tinubu later confirmed that the others had been found, saying he is “relieved that all the 24 girls have been accounted for.” He added that Nigeria needs “more boots on the ground” to stop similar attacks.
The Kebbi abduction follows a string of mass kidnappings. In Niger State, armed men seized more than 300 students and staff from Saint Mary’s School, though 50 later escaped.
School principal Musa Rabi Magaji said all rescued Kebbi students are still in official custody while authorities assess their condition.


